California Online and Follow-up Hunter Safety Class - ($35)
The online course, alone, is NOT a qualification for a hunter education certificate. Once you have completed an online course, you will still need to attend a 4-hour follow-up class with a certified Hunter Education Instructor. Access is permitted to the 4-hour follow-up class only after a student has completed the written Home Study or Online component of the class.
Attend an Online Course. Choose a course from one of the following providers:
- Hunter-Ed.com California
- com California
- California Hunter Ed Course
- International Hunter Education Association
The courses are free, but the voucher required for your follow-up class must be purchased upon completion.
Details & Instructions:
Classes will be held at American Legion Post 328, 3888 Old Hammer Ave., Norco, CA 92860. Check-in at 11:00 a.m. Bring $35 cash. Price includes a $30 gift certificate for shooting at the range rifle/pistol range, Monday – Friday only. Please read details below before attending the course and any special instructions for students.
Sat., May 13, 2017
7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Class Fee is $35
Future Classes (2017):
Hunter Education Class Pre-Registration
THIS MUST BE DONE BEFORE YOU COME TO THE CLASS!*
Hunter Education Class Pre-Registration is FREE and required to register for any Hunter Education Class. Pre-registration ensures the student will be able to purchase a hunting license immediately upon successful completion of a Hunter Education course.
- Create a California Department of Fish and Wildlife ALDS profile
- Enter your Date of Birth and Last Name and click “Next”
- Follow the on-screen directions
- From your customer homepage, select “Purchase Licenses”
Note: the pre-registration item is FREE but requires the transaction be completed.
- Under “Menu” on the left side of the screen, select “2017 - Hunter Education”; select Hunter Education Class Pre-registration and “Add to Cart”
- Complete the questionnaire and submit
- Under Shopping Cart, select “Check Out”
- On the Check Out Page, verify information and select “Complete Transaction”
- Select “Download Receipt/Licenses” and find your GO ID and Doc Number. See Sample to the Right
- Return to the Hunter Education Class Registration form and input your valid GO ID and FREE Hunter Education Class Pre-registration Document Number
- Go to https://www.register-ed.com/programs/california/and click on “View Upcoming Events” under “California Online and Follow-up Class Hunter Education”.
- Locate the class Raahauge’s, American Legion and click on “View Event” and “Register Now”
After the student passes the course, the instructor will provide the student with their Hunter Education Certificate (for immediate use) and the day after the instructor enters the results, the hunter education will be uploaded into ALDS on the customer’s profile.
See you at 11:00 a.m.!
Customer can visit our website at: https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Hunter-Education/Pre-registration for more information.
All students must download, print, sign and bring to class a Student Consent Form. Students 17 years of age and younger must have the form signed by a parent or guardian.
Further information, call Instructor Rhonda Welch at (951) 735-7981.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE CLASS
A 100 question with multiple choice is given. If you pass the test with at least 80%, you will be awarded a Hunter Safety class completion card issued by the Department of Fish & Wildlife. Successful graduates then take the card to a sporting goods store and buy a hunting license
A 100 question multiple choice test is given at the end of the day. If you pass the test with at least 80% you will be awarded a Hunter Safety Completion Card. Successful graduates take the card to a sporting goods store to purchase a hunting license.
What happens if you don't pass the test?
You may come back to any other class we have scheduled and retake the whole class or just the test for no additional charge.
Have you lost your Hunter Safety Education card?
If you took the class at our location, we can reissue you a duplicate if we find your name in our system.
At what age can children first take the hunter safety course?
Since the Department of Fish and Wildlife is a state agency, it can't discriminate by age. According to DFW, it is up to the discretion of the parent or guardian to decide when their child has the maturity and upper body strength to safely manipulate a firearm.
When can junior hunters go on their first hunt and what can they hunt for?
Once juniors have passed the test, they can obtain a hunting license and may hunt any legal species except big game, if they are under the age of 12. Once they have turned 12, they may then apply for big game tags and hunt big game with their Junior Hunting License and appropriate big game tag.
I've lost my hunter safety education completion card
If you took the class at our location, we can reissue you a duplicate. Fee is $20.